onsdag 22 april 2015

Blogpost 1, pages 1-55


This week I started reading the book that I got for the book assignment in school - The curious incident of the dog in the night-time. I've only read 55 pages, but so far I like it very much. I got hooked in the story, once reading the first pages. It all started out with a scen that the whole book is based on. This is where Christopher, the main character, finds a dead dog lying in his neighbor's garden. Already, you get a picture of his way to think and how he reacts. Christopher is a fifteen years old boy, who has something called Asperger's syndrome. This means you like to have everything well organized and have full control all the time. He doesn't see the world the way others do. He always has an objective point of view. This makes it very hard for him to read other peoples' feelings and know how to act around people he doesn't know.

I've never met anyone with the Asperger's syndrome, so I can't really imagine how it must be, but based on what I’ve read about Christopher, it must be like living in a different world. Like when he says that he finds it confusing that people use facial expressions to make themselves understood. He explains that he thinks it's hard to know what people really mean. I can actually relate to that, although I might not think it’s nearly as hard as Christopher thinks.

Anyway, when Christopher finds the dog, he decides to start an investigation, where he tries to find out who killed the dog. I think this part is quite cute, because he has to face his fears (like talking to strangers) to do this. Most likely he will keep searching for the murder in the rest of the book and I’m looking forward read more about it!

4 kommentarer:

  1. Awesome blog! I can also kind of relate to the fact that Christopher doesn't know how to interpret what other people mean.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Great post! But do you know why he started up the investigation?

    SvaraRadera
  3. Great post! But do you know why he started up the investigation?

    SvaraRadera