söndag 3 maj 2015

Blogpost 2, pages 56-110

Now, it's time to write my second blogpost and this week I've read pages 56-110. Well, I have to say that I didn't think this part was quite as good as the first one. I thought it got a bit boring sometimes, for example when Christopher wrote about his favorite book. When he's writing, he keeps it very short and simple. He doesn't have much of a vocabulary, so he often uses words over and over again. That makes it kind of hard for me to understand at some points.

However, like I predicted, Christopher continues with his detective work. One day, he decides to talk to Mrs. Alexander, and ask her if she knew anything about Mr. Shears (the owner to the dead dog's ex husband). When Christopher's dad later finds out about this little chat, he gets furious and that's because he had told Christoper a bunch of times that he didn't want him to keep doing his detective work. He throws everything that Christopher has worked on and they get in a big fight.

When I read this, I felt really bad. I perceived it like he just wanted to do something on his own, be independent, but that nothing worked out the way he wished. I do feel myself in this part. Sometimes I just want to do something by myself, make my own mistakes and not be told what to do or not to do.

In this part of the book, Christopher explains how his memory works. He has an incredibly good memory. So good that he can go back years and remember exactly what someone said, what they were wearing and what they were doing. I thought this was really cool and I would love to be able to do the same.

I hope you liked this blogpost and now, I'm going to keep reading!

6 kommentarer:

  1. Did you understand Christopher's father's frustration? Is it similar to the frustration you feel when Christopher describes things the way he does?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I do understand why Christopher's dad gets upset. He cares about his child and he doesn't want him to get hurt. I would probably react in the same way if I had my own child. I wouldn't say that the frustration I feel when I read some of the things that Christopher writes can be compared to the frustration Christopher's dad felt.

      Radera
  2. I felt the same as you!
    I felt really bad for Christopher when they had a fight, I can also relate!

    SvaraRadera
  3. I also felt that frustration! Even though I couldn't realate to the senario.

    SvaraRadera
  4. I also felt that frustration! Even though I couldn't realate to the senario.

    SvaraRadera