lördag 23 maj 2015

Blogpost 5, pages 221-271

Now it's time for me to write my last blogpost. I've finally read the whole book and I'm really satisfied about how it ended. In the last part, Christopher finds his mother in London and they meet for the first time in years. His mother got very happy when she saw him. He on the other hand did as usual not show much of emotions while meeting his mother. She asked him why he hadn't answered her letters and he told her about how his dad had lied about her death.

What I still think is weird is the fact that she left her own son, and that she didn't make any bigger efforts to be able to see him now and then. He obviously meant something to her as she kept writing letters to him, but I'm starting to think that those letters was for her own conscience, to make her feel better about herself.

Christopher stays at his mum's place for weeks, although he doesn't like it very much, because of his mother's boyfriend Mr. Shears, who I wouldn't call one of the best men. One day, Christopher's mum tells him that he wont be able to do the maths A level test and this makes him heartbroken. He had been waiting to do this test for a very long time and you could tell from the way Christopher talked about it earlier in the book that to do this test meant a lot to him.

I think that he by nailing the test would feel like he had proven to himself and others that he is good enough. Although he is different in many ways, he would come a long way in life, because he is very smart and brave. That's why I feel very sorry for Christopher when he finds out about this.

It all ends very happily. Christopher and his mother move back to where his dad lives, without Mr. Shears and Christopher gets to do his maths A level test (which he obviously nails). Eventually, he and his dad get closer when Christopher starts trusting him again. He also gets a dog from his dad!

I thought this book was amazing and I'm really happy that I got a chance to read it. I would recommend everyone to read this wonderful book!


5 kommentarer:

  1. I am glad you liked the book. I think it is a fantastic book that gives the reader a greater understanding of Aspergers. I have enjoyed reading your blogs! Good job!

    SvaraRadera
  2. I agree with you! I thought the book was very interesting as well as funny. Your blogposts have been very well written! :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. I agree as well! Great blog!
    But where you suprised when he got the dog?
    //Sandra

    SvaraRadera
  4. Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av skribenten.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! Yes. There is a lot of work around a dog and I thought it was a bit surprising that Christopher's father didn't ask him before he bought a dog for him.

      Radera